Sunday, January 31, 2010

The lecture by Dr. Lovett



( "Hemisphere of the brain." 9 January, 2010. Google. Online image. 31 January, 2010)

I learned about the brain. The professor Lovett showed pictures about brain. The best among others left hemisphere and right hemisphere. The brain is divided into two hemispheres. The left hemisphere is the center of language and logical thinking, where they do their math problems and memorize vocabulary. On the other hands, I was surprised the right hemisphere controls how they understand broad, general ideas, and how they respond to the five senses sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch because I did not know that each hemisphere function of the brain. Moreover, I think most interesting part is the left hemisphere of the brain controls the right side of the body, and the right hemisphere controls the left side. Both sides of the body receive the same information from the brain, because both hemispheres are connected. I got useful information about the hemispheres of the brain through professor Lovett lecture.
I learned about self through reading and lecture. Moreover, I know the self is part of personality, memory, awareness, consciousness,perception and emotion. I influenced by Franklin so, I want to try perfecting it.

4 comments:

  1. If anyone was not able to attend this lecture, this post is a perfect summery of what Dr. Lovett talked about!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know specifically that each hemisphere has different function to manage the body either. I agree with Hatch that your post is a great summary of the lecture, Seyeon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is really interesting that each hemisphere controls the opposite side of the body.
    I thought that it was crazy when he asked patients that had damage in their right hemisphere to do the line crossing activity and they ended up missing all of the lines on the left side. They saw them, but they did not think to cross them off. So odd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I thought it was pretty weird how the patients missed the lines... it sounds so simple, but at the same time, you know they didn't realize they were wrong.

    ReplyDelete